Call to order: A meeting of the Oakbridge Homeowners’ Association was held on April 6, 2017. The meeting convened at 7 p.m., President Ron Hay presiding.
Members in attendance: Ron Hay, Dan Gronemus, Jeff Wilson, Abigail Darwin, Barb Prigge, Nancy Kern.
- Discuss May 10 neighborhood meeting agenda
- Cory Nelson – Madison Police West Precinct Captain – will speak to us about crime, scams, canvassing and other issues.
- Wendy Dalgety with Stark Realty will attend to discuss home values and the current real estate market. She is providing some refreshments and door prizes.
- Neighborhood business
- Landscape committee – Identify what needs to be done for common areas and organize volunteers for clean-ups. Clean-ups are great exercise and a fun way to get to know neighbors. And they save money and keep our association dues low.
- Are people interested in a picnic or expanding the July 4th picnic? The 40th anniversary of Oakbridge is coming up in 2018. Is Sauk Creek a similar age? Does it make sense to hold a joint celebration?
- Do homeowners want to update the covenants? They were written in 1978 when the neighborhood started, so they’re out of date. For example: Satellite dishes used to take up large amounts of space in the yard while today’s dishes are smaller and located on the roof. Abigail will lead a committee with anyone in the neighborhood who’s interested in updating the covenants. We need 75% approval to amend covenants.
- Encourage more people to join the Board and start a regular rotation of Board duties.
Dan agreed to list the annual duties of Board. These include:
- File an annual report
- Pay insurance for common areas
- Annual newsletter (published in 1st quarter of the year)
- Advertise and hold annual garage sale in May
- Hold board meeting the fourth quarter of each year – early November
- Hold annual meeting for residents by January 31 each year
The neighborhood meeting will be held at Alicia Ashman Library on Wednesday, May 10 from 7-8:30 p.m.
Reminder: If anyone would like to talk about police issues, you can go to Steep ‘n Brew at 6656 Odana Road for Coffee with a Cop at 9 AM every Thursday.
- Ron Hay: President
- Jeff Wilson: Treasurer, Web site, Official Neighborhood Facebook
- Nancy Kern: Secretary
- Dan Gronemus
- Barb Prigge: Newsletter
- Katherine Holt
- Abigail Darwin
- Nancy Kern – Secretary
April 6, 2017 – Date of approval